Jorge Luis Vega Valle
Degree in Computer Engineering from the University of A Coruña. Currently, he is Deputy Director General of Analysis, Planning and Coordination in the DG of Policies against Depopulation of MITECO since July 2020. He performs the following functions:
- Design, in collaboration with the other ministerial departments and territorial administrations, of the general objectives, strategies and plans and priority actions in terms of the demographic challenge.
- Promoting public-private collaboration in public policies for territorial structuring and population fixation in rural areas, as well as the promotion of citizen participation in initiatives related to the demographic challenge.
- Participation in representation of the Ministry in international organisations and in European Union working groups, as well as the promotion and monitoring of international agreements on the demographic challenge.
- Studies and reports on depopulation, ageing, floating population, demographic impact of public policies, equal opportunities, support for women in rural areas, strengthening of the socio-economic fabric, improvement of public services, green technologies, innovation and digitalisation.
- Monitoring, analysis and evaluation, from the perspective of the demographic challenge, of the regulations, plans and public policies of the National Government.
He has also been Deputy Assistant Director in the Subdirectorate General of Sociodemographic Statistics of the INE, from 2016 to 2020. In this position, he has carried out the following functions:
- Coordination of the work team and planning of the different demographic operations: Censuses, NPM, Basic Demographic Indicators, Urban Indicators, Population Figures, Migration Statistics, Fertility Survey, Essential Population Characteristics Survey, Population Projections, Mobility studies using mobile telephony-big data.
- Direct relations with the units involved: internal to INE and external (institutions, Autonomous Communities, Eurostat, UNECE, universities...).
- Attention to customised requests, parliamentary questions and administrative contracting agreements (preparation of technical specifications and specific administrative clauses).
- Drafting press releases and media relations.
- Quality management in demographic operations.
- Participation in national and international demographic meetings.